Saturday, July 9, 2011

Theme Parties (Spanish)

Last year Carmen got involved with her local Long Beach Moms Club.  We ended up getting along with several members and decided it would be a great opportunity to revive one of Carmen's favorite activities; the theme party.   Over the years we have thrown Greek, Mexican, Italian, Hawaiian, and many others.  My college buddy Edgar made a Spanish tortilla during one of his dinner parties, we liked the presentation so much we decided to try a Spanish tapas party.  Since all of us have kiddos now it gave all the adults a chance to get together and enjoy adult conversation.  


To pair with the tapas, we chose a F&E wine, Castillo Rioja, a Spanish Rioja (red) which paired well with the dinner that night.  The Rioja is predominantly Tempranillo and has a well aged deep fruity taste.  I think the bold taste stood up well to the tapas pairings, and would pair well with some medium spicy Mexican staples like  enchiladas as well.  At the $9 price point I feel that I get a good bang for my buck and I continue to enjoy this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment