Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Beer Lagunitas Little Sumpin'

I know this is technically a wine blog but this is the time of the year in Long Beach where we enjoy the Long Beach Municipal band on the summer evenings in July.  Man cannot just live by red wine and Scotch alone.  Occasionally there is pizza and beer especially on concert nights in the park.  I picked up a 6 pack of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' at the Signal Hill F&E on the way home and was not disappointed.    


I've been drinking a bunch of Pyramid Heff lately as well as Blue Moon and have been generally steering away from ales and stouts this summer.  Today's beer was a fun wheaty-ish ale that was great for a lazy evening in the park.  


On first blush out of the bottle Little Sumpin' is wonderfully aromatic and pours a wonderful thick head.  The taste was crisp and refreshing.  The finish was rich with a hops blast at the end.  Even with the rich flavors there was a lightness to it that is perfect for outdoor activities like chasing the kiddos. All in all just what I was looking for at the end of a long day at the office and return trip on the 405.

The only drawback is when I offered a bottle to my buddy Luke, who was not sure about getting a little sumpin' sumpin' from a dude...  I guess that is South Dakota humor.  That said it did not take too much arm twisting to get him to join me for a bottle.  $8 for a six pack of good craft beer is a great price for a fun beer of this quality.  

Cheers, and get out there and enjoy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment