Sunday, August 14, 2011

End of Summer Block Party, a Band, the Kiddos and Doon Buggy Wine.

The second week of August marks the end of summer in our area of Long Beach,CA and the Annual Belmont Heights Block Party.  Our friends the Kinneys who live on that street invited us over to join in on the fun.   Courtney is also an occasional F&E blogger but she specializes in cooking and baking featuring F&E products, and makes a mean chili!

Fun in the sun with a good band @ the Block Party.

One of the wines she provided was a wine I was meaning to get to.  Doon Buggy is a 2009 Red Wine Blend priced at $10.  Doon Buggy has a taste profile along the lines of "Menage a Trois Red."  I barely poured my first glass before I had to chase my kiddo who made a break for the bounce house.

Doon Buggy, 2009 Red Blend $10
Considering the venue, this was a good choice, this is a simple wine for a relaxed venue.  Bright ruby in color its a bit on the lush side for my tastes.  The finish was nice and clean considering it was a blend.  All in all this was not my cup of tea but priced two dollars less than the comparable, though more memorably and cheekily named Menage a Trois, I would bring this to a picnic or block party without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment